When you are injured in an accident, hiring an experienced firm who will professionally and aggressively protect your interests is paramount. Amabile & Burkly, P.C. has over 100 years combined experience in representing and defending those involved in accidents. Whether it be the immediacy of getting the bills paid or seeking compensation for the long term effects of an accident, we stand ready to help you.
We have obtained jury verdicts and settlements in excess of a million dollars for our clients in many personal injury matters. Every case is different, every person’s situation is unique. We pride ourselves on giving each client the individual attention they need. Whatever the complexity, our depth of experience and expert resources can provide you with the skilled representation you deserve.
Most of our clients are referred to us by former clients and other attorneys, a testament to our reputation for expertise in personal injury law.
Some of the cases we typically handle are:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents/Motorcycle Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers Compensation
- Dog Bite
- Wrongful Death
- Slip and Fall Accidents/Premises Liability
- General Liability
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Bicycle Accidents/Pedestrian Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Injuries from a motor vehicle accident can be both immediate and long term. We understand this and get to work straight away to secure the benefits you are entitled to. We will look to protect you now and in the future. We have helped people injured in motor vehicle accidents for over 30 years representing drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists.
Every day, motor vehicle accidents cause many injuries and deaths. We will work hard to diligently handle your case from beginning to end.
Some of the results we have obtained include:
- 3.1 million dollar jury award obtained for a man injured when the ambulance he was traveling in struck another vehicle.
- 2.4 million dollar settlement for a 30 year old man who was operating his car through a stop sign and was severely injured when he was struck by a car coming around a double parked truck. The case was extensively litigated and the settlement was obtained from the trucking company.
- $930,000 settlement for a motorcycle rider in Colorado who was severely injured when his bike was struck by a car.
- $800,000 settlement for a child who was ejected from a motorcycle in a construction area when the bike struck a raised man hole cover.
Mistakes can be made in any profession, but when it occurs in the health care profession, the effects can be devastating. Amabile & Burkly, P.C. has vigorously represented people, injured through medical malpractice, for over 30 years.
A medical malpractice case is often complex and requires significant professional resources. Experts need to be hired and cases typically involve a complete and detailed investigation. We have the experience to give you that investment and guide you through the process.
Some of our malpractice case results include:
- 3.2 million dollar settlement for a 25 year old woman who was the victim of medical malpractice when delivering a baby at a Boston area hospital.
- $800,000 settlement for a mentally challenged child who was the victim of medical malpractice resulting in further brain damage.
Premises liability cases occur when you are injured on someone’s property through the fault of the owner or manager of that property. Among the many types of premises liability cases are:
- Porch and other building collapses
- Negligent security
- Falls down stairs due to defective stairways or inadequate lighting
- Falls in a store caused by something on the floor
- Falls due to snow and ice
- Dog bites
- Visitors or tenant claims against a landlord
Handling a premises liability case requires diligence and a thorough understanding of the law. For example, there are often strict notice requirements by which the property owner must be notified of the claim immediately. We have the skill to thoroughly protect and pursue these claims.
Our premises liability case results include:
- $200,000 settlement for a dog bite victim injured at a residence
The loss of a loved one can result in acute emotional and economic trauma to the family. Lives are forever changed. When someone is lost due to the fault of others, it is important that you contact a firm with experience in these types of personal injury cases.
Wrongful death cases are often complex and governed by specific state laws. Serious cases such as these require lawyers with significant experience. Amabile & Burkly, P.C. has handled many wrongful death cases, helping families seek redress and compensation for the loss of their loved one whether it be from a car accident, medical malpractice, a construction accident, an accident on someone’s property or another cause.
Construction Site Accidents
When you are in an accident on or near a construction site, the injuries can be catastrophic. Was it due to inadequate training or equipment? Was it the fault of the general contractor or a subcontractor? Are you entitled to workers compensation benefits and, if so, will that adequately compensate you for the accident?
Amabile & Burkly, P.C. has answered these questions for workers from many trades whether it be carpenters, electricians, laborers, plumbers, masons or ironworkers. Let us go to work for you.
Among the many types of construction site accidents we can help you with are:
- Scaffolding injuries
- Heavy equipment failure
- Electrocution and burn injuries
- Injuries from falling objects